24-hour Long-term Nursing Care
Aase Haugen Homes has been a leader in providing quality senior care in the Decorah community since 1915. We are certified as a social ministry of the ELCA and fully licensed with the Iowa Department of Health to accept private pay and most private insurances as well as being a 5-star rated certified Medicaid and Medicare provider. Our goal is to help you feel at home, with activities and daily routines scheduled around your personal preferences.
Our Home offers two cozy, caring neighborhoods: Meadows and Woodlands, each providing their own unique atmosphere.
All rooms are private for your peace of mind, with suites available upon request. Let our knowledgeable staff be your guide and advocate through the aging process!
Hands-On 24-Hour Skilled Nursing Care
At Aase Haugen Senior Services in Decorah, we offer a wide range of senior care options. Our 24-hour skilled nursing care is designed to help you regain strength, get back on the path of healing, and maximize your independence as best suits your needs. Our aim is to help you reach your goals! Request a discharge to Aase Haugen Valley Suites following your joint replacement, and see how wonderful rehabilitation can be!
Aase Haugen Senior Services Skilled Nursing Care offers:
- Short-term Valley Suites Post-acute and Rehabilitation Services
- All-Private Rooms to Ensure Comfort and Peace of Mind
- Comprehensive Therapy Services with Thoughtful and Effective Therapy Regimes
- Dedicated, Knowledgeable Staff Here for You 24 Hours a Day
- Advanced Health Record Technology
- Award-Winning Therapy Team That Delivers Proven Results
- Therapies Available 5 days Each Week.
Watch the video below to learn more about this unique line of service at Aase Haugen Senior Services!
Specialized Dementia Care is a comprehensive approach to 24-hour assistance for someone suffering from a dementing disease process. While most people associate dementia with Alzheimer’s, there is a long list of dementing illnesses that can affect memory and function.
Aase Haugen Senior Services has expanded our continuum of care with a two-tiered level of specialized dementia care for up to 23 individuals. Two Rivers Dementia Care will offer specialized and therapeutic care in a structured, calm environment to ensure each resident suffering from a Chronic Confusing or Dementing Illness (CCDI) the highest possible quality of life. Included in our care for people with CCDI, is supportive strategies for assessment, problem identification, and nursing interventions to promote their quality of life throughout the disease process. We offer a home-like atmosphere with familiar, safe surroundings and activities.
Residents feel needed when they can accomplish certain “overlearned” tasks. We offer:
- A Therapeutic Kitchen
- A Snoezelen Room
- Stacked Utility Closet with washer/dryer and broom closet
- A Secure Courtyard
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapists implement a restorative/maintenance therapy program for eligible residents.
- Short-term rehabilitation is available if needed.
- Individualized care and treatment plan with input from interdisciplinary team