Posted: July 21, 2021
Dear families and friends of Aase Haugen,
As you may be aware, we have had high positivity rates in Winneshiek County over the past several weeks of at least 10%, and we want you to know that yesterday and today, three staff members have tested positive for COVID-19. Because our staff have tested positive, we are following state guidelines and we are stopping all indoor in-person visits for 14 days starting today. Outdoor in-person visits will continue to be allowed with screening and social distancing, and masks will be required. On a positive note, we tested all of our residents last night and all tested negative. We will be testing the rest of the staff today.
- All Staff and residents will continue to be tested until the outbreak clears, which is 14 days after the last positive test.
- We will contact families with test results (both positive and negative) as soon as possible.
- Family and friends are encouraged to contact our Activities Department to connect with residents by using window visits, facetime or skype calls, or to schedule outside visits. Call 563-382-3603 to arrange a call or visit.
- Staff continue to wear personal protective equipment and are screened daily upon entering and leaving the building for signs or symptoms.
- Resident are required to wear masks and social distance, and will be isolated or quarantined, if needed, according to Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) regulations.
- Floral deliveries and the delivery of items such as food and clothing dropped off by families may be left at the front door.
Thank you for your continued support and prayers.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns 563-382-3603.
Orson Bauder, Administrator