Help us build a new community senior living nursing and assisted living complex.
- Our current facility is inefficient to meet the growing needs of our residents and our community
- We are simultaneously experiencing workforce challenges and an ever-expanding population of senior citizens known as the baby boomers
- Population of Winneshiek County is 20,201 and 19.2% (3,878 people) are 65 and older.
- Iowa residents age 65 and older count for 16.4% of population (2018) expected to rise by 3-4% by the year 2050 (Iowa Department on Aging).
- If Winneshiek County remains on trend, and our senior population rises by 3-4%, we would expect an additional 607 senior citizen in our community.
- Remodeling is not justified in the current location
- The building is mechanically needy
- Located in an area close to the river, where river levels have threatened our residents several times in the last ten years
- It is a natural expansion to the Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) model of thriving senior living to locate near Vennehjem and Nabotunet
- We believe it is part of our Christian ministry to build new nursing and assisted living homes that will fulfill the needs of our ever-growing senior population
Where and when do we plan to build?
- The new facility will be located across the street from Vennehjem Home of Friends Independent Living complex, and just down the street from Nabotunet 50+ neighborhood of duplex homes - on Nordic Drive in Decorah
- Our goal is to move into the new facility in 2021
How much will it cost?
- The estimate of $22 million will include the technology and amenities our residents need and expect
What will we offer?
- Aase Haugen Senior Services will continue to enhance and offer the following lines of care:
- Valley Suites skilled post-hospital rehabilitation (joint replacement, acute illness or injury)
- 24/7 long-term care (licensed for 104 beds)
- Hospice care
- Assisted living apartments (20 units)
- Respite care
- Advanced and intermediate Dementia Care (24 beds)
- Independent living at Vennehjem 55+ Senior Housing Community (50 homes)
- Nabotunet 50+ Patio Homes (16 duplex homes)
- Concierge coordinated services (activities, events, …)
How can you support the Capital Campaign to build a new community nursing home?
• Our community came together in 1915 to build the first retirement home in Haugendale in Decorah. Expansion added the Sunset Home in Calmar and again, in the mid-60s, our community supported building the Ohio Street nursing home to serve the needs of our family, friends, and neighbors who were aging.
• As a non-profit, we do not receive support from local government or a larger private health care network; and our churches are struggling to provide for Aase Haugen Homes while keeping up with the demands of their parishes.
• Today, we are focusing our energy to build a new facility to take care of our community.
• We need your support to build a facility that expresses the responsibility we have for senior citizens and a place any one of us may call home.
• All gifts of $1,000+ will be recognized on a donor wall at the new facility
Levels of giving:
Captain: $1 million +
Quarter Master: $500,000 - $999,999
First Officer $250,000 - $499,999
Navigator: $100,000 - $249,999
Steward: $10,000 - $99,999
Crew Member: $1,000 - $9,999
Friend: $0 - $999
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Top donor in each category will have the opportunity for naming
|o Therapy/Wellness Area||$ 2,500,000||$ 100,000|
|o Assisted Living||$ 1,500,000||$ 60,000|
|o Renewable Energy
||$ 1,000,000||$ 40,000|
|o Dementia Unit||$ 1,000,000||$ 40,000|
|o Chapel||$ 500,000||$ 20,000|
|o Garden||$ 250,000||$ 10,000|
|o Living/Dining Areas (3 available)||$ 200,000 each||$ 8,000 each|
|o Activities Area||$ 150,000||$ 6,000|
|o Board Room||$ 100,000||$ 4,000|
|o Furnish a Resident Room||$ 50,000||$ 2,000|
|o Courtyard Pavers||$ 1,000……$500…..$250|
Why do we need your help?
- We are a non-profit 501(c)3 organization with no federal, state or local funding support, all your gifts are tax-deductible
- We are an all-inclusive, all-embracing CCRC for everyone
- We own the land, but need your help to build the dream
- You can count on our quality
- 2017 Top 5th Performer in the State by U.S. News World Report
- 2017 Eli Pick Award for Leadership Excellence
- Quality rated facility by CMS
- Recognized by the American Health Care Association and National Center for Assisted Living for its achievements in Quality Initiatives
What the new facility may look like: (these are preliminary drawings)