Nabotunet is a new neighborhood of duplex homes built for active people age 50+ who are dreaming of simplifying their lives.
At Nabotunet, you can live life your way, with vitality and peace of mind. Enjoy the advantages of a beautiful setting close to all that Decorah has to offer, nestled on 40 acres of rural paradise on the edge of town. Live carefree as we handle all the grounds keeping and home maintenance for you. Giving you time to enjoy what matters most to you. A subsidiary of Aase Haugen Senior Services, Nabotunet is part of a continuing care retirement community, located in the same neighborhood as our Vennehjem independent living complex and the soon-to-be-built assisted living and nursing facility. Nabotunet offers a peaceful, wooded neighborhood for you to enjoy for years!
Simplify your life with Nabotunet.
- Nabotunet homes integrate elegant design with everyday convenience to enhance your lifestyle!
- Homes range from 1690 to 1998 square feet on main level and include a two car garage.
- Spacious homes are wonderful for entertaining, working, playing or a quiet retreat from the world.
- Buy it now, and choose your finishes, paint, and flooring colors.
- There are three floor plans to choose from, some one level and some with lower level basement options.
A subsidiary of Aase Haugen Senior Services, Nabotunet is part of continuing care retirement community, located in the same neighborhood as our Vennehjem independent living complex, and the soon-to-be-built assisted living and nursing facility, Nabotunet offers a peaceful, wooded neighborhood for you to enjoy for years!
You buy in and pay a monthly fee, and we take care of the rest. When you’re ready to move, you get a guaranteed return on your investment!
- Glass top stove
- Microwave oven
- Garbage disposal
- Washer & Dryer
- Property taxes and home insurance
- High-efficiency furnace
- Central air conditioning
- Soft water
- Water heater
- High-rise comfort toilet
- Handicap-accessible shower
- All repairs to the above due to faulty system or parts
- Large patio and sun room
- Lawn mowing and trimming
- General grounds maintenance
- Snow removal
- Exterior window washing
- Exterior maintenance and repairs as needed
- Maintenance, repair or replacement of appliances, systems, and fixtures provided by Nabotunet
- Maintenance and repair of all neighborhood homes and utilities
- One time refundable entry fee based on your return of equity schedule
- Monthly fee
- Heating/electricity $200 estimate per month
- Optional upgrade fees as selected
Guaranteed Return of Equity Schedule
|Length of stay||% returned to you|
|Up to 1 year||90% of your entry fee|
|Up to 2 years||85% of your entry fee|
|Up to 3 years||80% of your entry fee|
|Up to 4 years||75% of your entry fee|
|Up to 5 years+||70% of your entry fee|
No hassle and no selling for you! Equity is returned to you within 90 days of vacancy of your unit, less damage fees. Upgrades are available at an additional cost to you. Upgrades you select do no impact your home’s value or your Entry Fee upon which return of equity is based, UNLESS the upgrades are approved structural improvements of which there is a cap of $50,000 which will be added to equity after 5 years of occupancy only.
- Master Standard: Includes shower, double vanity (single in KOS), separate master closet
- Master Option 2: Includes tub/shower combination, double vanity (single in KOS), separate master closet
- Master Option 3: Master & closet as one room
- Guest Standard: Includes shower, single vanity and pocket door to laundry room
- Guest Option 2: Includes shower, single vanity and laundry in one room with washer and dryer in closet
- Washer & Dryer: Standard choice of white or black. Stacked option +$400
- Fold Out Ironing Board: +$250
- Standard Kitchen: Includes L-shaped corner counter and cabinets with separate kitchen island – all open to living/dining areas
- Fjord Kitchen: Wrap-around eating island – all open to living/dining areas. Fjord upgrade to any floor plan +$1,100
- Gallery Kitchen: Three-sided kitchen of counters and cabinets – all open to living/dining areas. Gallery upgrade to any floor plan +$2,500
All lower levels are unfinished with utilities stubbed in. Finish lower level bathroom +$15,000
Finish entire lower level are with living room, one bedroom, mechanical room, and finished bath +$38,000 (subject to floor plan)
Upgrades are available at an additional cost to you. Upgrades you select do not impact your home’s value or your Entry Fee upon which the return of equity is based, UNLESS the upgrades are approved structural improvements of which there is a cap of $50,000 which will be added to equity after 5 years of occupancy only.
Reserve Your Place at Nabotunet!
- Choose your favorite available lot and floor plan.
- Put down your $10,000 Occupancy Deposit to secure first right of refusal on that unit style and lots as available. This deposit will be applied as a credit to your Entry Fee.
- New construction requires signing the Residential Agreement 90 day as after Occupancy Deposit and one-half of Entry Fee to begin construction. Balance of Entry Fee is due one month prior to occupancy.
- Existing homes require one-half of Entry Fee at signing of Residential Agreement and balance due one month prior to occupancy.
- Monthly fees begin on the scheduled occupancy date or at 90 days after signing the Residential Agreement, whichever is first.
Nabotunet is part of our Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC), which means our members have priority access to move from level of care to another, seamlessly within our organization as needed. Having several levels of care available on one campus is an incredible benefit – it provides you with the security of knowing that if you need/want Assisted Living, Memory Care, or Skilled Nursing Care at some point in the future, you won’t have to move to another community. Couples find this aspect of CCRC living especially important. Should one spouse need the services provided in another part of campus, the other can easily visit any time of day. This means couples can regularly spend time together socializing, dining, or engaging in activities. And, they know that their loved ones are receiving the services they need to thrive and maintain as much independence as possible.