Welcome to the lifestyle of your dreams...
Nestled in the beautiful bluffs of Decorah. Joined by walking trails to Luther College and area park. A community of friends your own age just down the hall.
Vennehjem is a community of friends where you can enjoy a carefree, convenient lifestyle. We offer 10 different floor plans, ranging from 634 square feet to 1589 square feet. Our numerous community spaces offer generous rooms for entertaining, working, playing or as a quiet retreat.
Located on 40 acres of rural paradise, just a stone’s throw from the walking and biking trails that weave throughout Decorah and the surrounding areas, Vennehjem is a sanctuary for active seniors who value their freedom and admire comfort, convenience and community.
Built as a subsidiary of Aase Haugen Senior Services, part of a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC)— Vennehjem’s purpose is to provide a convenient community that allows its members to thoroughly enjoy their retirement years, free of all the headaches of maintaining a house and yard.
Entry fees and Return on Investment
No need to gamble on a volatile real estate market, pay thousands in property taxes and insurances each year, or endure the hassle of selling a home again. Your return of equity is guaranteed at Vennehjem (See separate schedule below.)
Return of Equity Schedule
Based on your Return of Equity Schedule, the portion returned to you within 90 days of vacancy of your unit. No hassle, no selling, just your equity back to you based on the number of years you live at Vennehjem!
|Length of stay||% returned to you|
|Up to 1 year||90% of your entry fee|
|Up to 2 years||85% of your entry fee|
|Up to 3 years||80% of your entry fee|
|Up to 4 years||75% of your entry fee|
|Up to 5 years+||70% of your entry fee|
Based on your floor plan.
- One Time Entry Fee
- Refundable based on your Return of Equity Schedule
- Base Monthly Fee
- Renter’s Insurance on your Personal Property
- Optional Fees
- Indoor Garage Stall $50 (based on availability)
- Carport $25
- Guest Room Usage (fee per use)
- Meals (fee per use)
*Rental options may be available (higher monthly fee with no entry fee due.) Call for availability. Prices subject to change.
The Vennehjem Lifestyle
You’ll enjoy all these comforts and conveniences
- All utilities included in your monthly fees, except telephone
- Maintenance, repair or replace appliances, systems and fixtures provided by Vennehjem
- Maintenance and repair of all community spaces
- Indoor car wash
- Indoor mailbox
- Several large common areas
- Glass top stove
- Microwave oven
- Garbage disposal
- Natural Gas
- High-efficiency furnace
- Central air conditioning
- Soft water & water heater
- Cable TV
- Wireless internet
- LED lighting
- High-rise comfort toilet
- Handicap-accessible shower
- All repairs to the above due to faulty systems or parts
- Large community back deck
- Public gardening area
- Private patio or balcony off your home
- Lawn mowing
- General grounds maintenance
- Snow removal
- Exterior maintenance and repairs as needed
- Exterior window washing annually
Exercise room, equipped with treadmills, a Nordic Track, recumbent bikes, a weight center and the Wii game system. Use your favorite fitness tape or do relaxing yoga in this spacious area.
Workshop, filled with equipment, tools and workbenches, just waiting for your next project.
Family Room, a great place to hold a meeting, play cards or host your favorite club for an afternoon! Plenty of tables and chairs are available for your use. Our puzzle enthusiasts love the natural light here as well!
Living Room, with plenty of comfortable seating for catching up with friends and family. A full entertainment center is also a great place for movie night!
Community Room, upstairs is another wonderful space for meetings and gatherings equipped with a pull-down screen and projector for presentations as well as home movies.
Craft Room and Library, contains numerous cupboards, a sink and many tables so you can spread out and get your projects done!
The alternate library is also located here. Re-pot your plants, piece your quilts and just spread out your projects.
Personal Storage, here’s a place just for your things. Generously sized lockable climate-controlled spaces can hold all those items you don’t need everyday.
Great Room, a fantastic space for events—up to 70 people. Also used for meals offered weekly, morning coffee hours and events hosted by the community. The adjacent commercial kitchen is available for member use upon request.
Guest Rooms, two rooms available for a nominal fee per night. Each has 2 twin beds and full bath. You don’t even have to clean up after company leaves!
Reserving Your Place at Vennehjem
- Choose your favorite from our available floor plans.
- Put down your $5,000 occupancy deposit to secure first right of refusal on that unit style once available.
- Your $5,000 deposit gives you first right of refusal on your favorite unit. If you pass on occupancy when first contacted, you will be contacted again the next time that unit style becomes available. This deposit will be fully applied to your entry fee upon closing.
- Sign your Residential Agreement
- Agreement to take occupancy and close the deal! At this time, the balance of the one time entrance fee is due. Monthly payments begin on the scheduled occupancy date or at day 90 after the Residential Agreement is signed, whichever is first.
Vennehjem is part of our Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC), which means our members have priority access to move from level of care to another, seamlessly within our organization as needed. Having several levels of care available on one campus is an incredible benefit – it provides you with the security of knowing that if you need/want Assisted Living, Memory Care, or Skilled Nursing Care at some point in the future, you won’t have to move to another community. Couples find this aspect of CCRC living especially important. Should one spouse need the services provided in another part of campus, the other can easily visit any time of day. This means couples can regularly spend time together socializing, dining, or engaging in activities. And, they know that their loved ones are receiving the services they need to thrive and maintain as much independence as possible.